Monday, November 10, 2014

T-38 Hours.....and counting!

Won't be long now......

The last few days have been busy, busy, busy!  I have shopped and shopped, I have tried on skirts (I look awful in skirts btw!!) I have made piles, I have made lists, I have organized, I have made a million trips up and down the stairs, I have packed and re-packed, I have weighed the suitcases, added more then re-weighed the luggage.....AND I'm still not done yet!

But at 8:05 Wednesday morning I WILL be ready.....ready or not!  I've tried my darn-est to find out how many bags I can check on American!  I've gotten great advice from a friend Lin who works at the EXP desk, so I'm going to take my chances and pack all 4..... and hope for the best!

What in the world am I taking you ask??  Well, for once not much for me......except those silly skirts and tops to match, shoes, pjs, toiletries, and snacks galore....I'm a picky eater remember!

I have special friends who have contributed to my project with dollars for chickens and shoes and bibles.  My wonderful group of airline friends have sent me boxes and boxes of toiletries & amenity kits to pass out.  The church we attend in Henderson NV gave me some of their "I Love My Church" t-shirts to share with the church near Kampala.  I have scoured the Dollar Bins at Target, as well as the sale racks at both Target, Carters and Gymboree! I have picked up children's toys and books in addition to clothing of all sizes!

Here are just a few photos of what I've organized and packed so far(then after I took these I emptied these suitcases and packed it all in larger ones!)



Fingers crossed I can check all of  these special things on the plane with me..... I am so happy and proud to take them with me to Kampala on Wednesday!  I hope everyone likes what I'm bringing!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Lulu is helping you pack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. John you behave while lady Franci is away doing such good deeds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People ask me -- "Your wife's away -- what uganda do?"

    Well, I'll be footloose and Franci-free in Las Vegas... what do you think i'mganda do...

    john-boy

    (Nah, I am proud of her and will do my best to be a good hubby and dog-sitter while she's away.)

    ReplyDelete