Thursday, November 6, 2014

One week from today.....

.....the team will be all together again at EBB (the airport code for Entebbe Uganda)!

At approximately (by my calculations!) 11:40 am PST next Thursday morning November 13th,  I will be touching down in Uganda!  The rest of my team will have arrived a bit earlier as they are flying Emirates Airlines from LAX to Dubai(spending the night near the airport) then flying onto EBB the next morning.  Therefore they are leaving on Tuesday November 11th!  (I get an extra night at home by flying AA through London)

Entebbe is a town in Central Uganda and the home of the country's major airport. Located on a Lake Victoria peninsula, the town was once the seat of government for the Protectorate of Uganda, prior to Independence in 1962. It is also famous, some of you might recall, for the rescue in 1976 when Israeli commandos rescued 100 hostages, mostly Israelis or Jews, held by pro-Palestinian hijackers there at the Entebbe airport.

Kampala is now the capital of Uganda and this is where we will be spending our first week.

Some of you know I am an aviation enthusiast and was introduced to this website:  Great Circle Mapper.  On their webpage I was able to track the routes we will be taking to get to Uganda. The top picture is the route Emirates will most likely take from LAX to Dubai, before heading onto Entebbe.  I am on American Airlines from Las Vegas to London by way of JFK.  Once at LHR I will change planes, terminals and airlines boarding a British Airways flight from LHR non-stop to EBB.




It is now less than 7 days until we depart.......or in hourly terms: less than 168 hours!  Yikes....I'd better get packing!

1 comment:

  1. Trying my best to enter a comment to you! Praying without ceasing for you and the team - blessings over all!

    ReplyDelete